laissez les bon temps roulez
If you’re looking for an escape from the mundane – join in next year’s Mardi Gras celebrations in New Orleans! I spent last week strolling up and down the French Quarter, absorbing the sites that the city’s locals and revelers alike had to offer. The numerous trips to and from the Bourbon Street apartment that we resided in for the week always resulted in a new story to tell. The design inspiration could be recognized everywhere, from the extravagant costumes and decorations, to the cuisine and intricate architecture. The music, merriment, and, of course, the southern hospitality makes New Orleans during Carnival one of my favorite destinations!
Photos courtesy of Nick Blackhall
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. Looking out into the apartment courtyard – Bourbon Street, New Orleans
2. Impressive costume engineering for the St. Ann Parade – Bourbon Street, New Orleans
3. St. Louis Cathedral – Jackson Square, French Quarter
4. Vintage cast iron hitching post adorned with Mardi Gras beads – Bourbon Street, New Orleans
5. Mardi Gras Day Celebration – Royal Street, New Orleans
6. Lady Godiva’s Ride – Bourbon Street, New Orleans
7. Four legged festival attendee – New Orleans, LA
8. Costume contest entrant – St. Ann Street, New Orleans
9. Lone scooter – St. Peter Street, New Orleans
Aside from the celebrations in New Orleans, we have something to celebrate a little closer to home! We would like to congratulate Jeri Rosenthal and her husband, Jon on the recent addition to their family; little Dean Hayd’n Rosenthal!