Travel evokes creativity and promotes fresh new ideas. On my recent trip to Germany I visited a design trade show, Qubique, and thought I would share some of the innovative ideas I experienced!
From left to right, top to bottom:
1. A tree planted in a Fiat 500 to emphasize the consistency of design, sustainability and mobility. That will get your attention.
2. Reception of Qubique – Note the magazines circulating on the baggage loop. Berlin Tempelhof Airport.
3. Demonstration of handmade wallcovering.
4. Love these organic light fixtures from Lampensitz.
5. Great idea but not very comfortable outdoor table with umbrella by Extremis.
6. Meet Oppo designed by Stefan Borselius and manufactured by Bla Station.
7. Trip the lights fantastic – literally. House of Oled demonstrates their LED lights.
8. GRRRR Bommelcat rug by MYK-Berlin.
9. Giddy-up Cowgirl on these fun chairs. Mary Helen Pratte and Leslie Fossler demonstrate their riding technique.
10. Pluma Cubic feathered lamps paired with beautifully veneered bedding.
11. Foscarini presents their latest pendants.
12. Plateau seating designed by Erik Magnussen offers flexible seating options.