Great spaces don’t happen by accident. Many people struggle creating a space that’s stylish yet comfortable, polished yet functional, and above all, a space that reflects your personal style. If you’re tossing around the idea of hiring an Interior Designer, it’s helpful to separate the myths from facts. We’ve compiled the five best reasons to hire a designer; some might surprise you! The key to the success of our projects is our design process. The PPDS design team takes a collaborative approach, working closely with the client from the initial planning stages to project completion, while utilizing the varied strengths of our design team.
“Interior design is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built interior environment. These solutions are functional, enhance the quality of life and culture of the occupants and are aesthetically attractive. Designs are created in response to and coordinated with the building shell and acknowledge the physical location and social context of the project. Designs must adhere to code and regulatory requirements, and encourage the principles of environmental sustainability. The interior design process follows a systematic and coordinated methodology, including research, analysis and integration of knowledge into the creative process, whereby the needs and resources of the client are satisfied to produce an interior space that fulfills the project goals.”
- We Know the Industry- It’s our business to ensure we are up-to-date with the current trends while also thinking ahead of the times. Our team has the knowledge, resources and expertise to help you enhance your style and pinpoint your wants and needs. We pride ourselves in delivering a finished product that stands apart from others. Our team travels all across the world to bring you the latest and greatest products and resources. We do the research so you don’t have to!
- Bring Your Ideas to Life- Trying to pull all your thoughts and ideas together can be an overwhelming process. It our job to piece all of your ideas together and generate a successful design direction. Along with finish and furniture selections, space planning is one the most important aspects of design we will address from the start. Space planning takes into consideration how the space will function, we will then define circulation patterns, develop plans and layouts for furniture or equipment. Thus creating a space that’s fresh and functional!
- Solve Problems- Every project, small or large, presents challenges. Let us save you the headache when unexpected issues arise. We have learned to expect the unexpected and to be fully prepared to solve the problem at hand right away. For example, let us be the liaison between you and the contractor, we know the technicalities of the industry and can keep your project on schedule. Interior designers can also reduce your liability, too. When you hire a Registered Interior Designer, it means they have passed the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) exam. The purpose of this exam is to certify that these designers have been educated, trained and examined to protect public health, safety and welfare.
- Save Money- Hiring a designer can help you avoid costly mistakes and establish a budget that will not only help you save money but it can increase the value of your home. With many years of designing and transforming spaces our team has built strong relationships with the industries top suppliers and contractors. Working with trusted experts means no costly expenses are overlooked and each item can be factored in at the early stages of a budget. The purpose of this exam is to certify that these designers have been educated, trained and examined to protect public health, safety and welfare.
- Wow Factor- Thinking outside the box is what we do! There’s no reason to settle for a “cookie cutter” look or replicating an idea you saw in a design magazine. Our goal is to create that “wow” factor that you haven’t been able to achieve on your own!